Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Antique Obsession
I have been driven about antiques this last week. I first bought a large wardrobe and then shlepped it to the basement. I researched about it and found out it was made by a Jewish owned factory in England. It was one of the largest factories. I felt like I started to understand my compulsion for wanting antiques. It somehow restored a past that had been missing for me.
Then A and I went to Hippo Hardware and got what I consider lots of money for a chandelier that was in the basement. That helped me believe that antiques were where the money is.
Then I got the first piece that sparked the whole thing. Also had a very quick visit with B, and am now satiated and don't need to buy more for a while. It was fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yea! I love it when you post things. Both the cabinets are beautiful... amazing you could find the manufacturer... you are right it is meant to belong to you. I am in love with the lower piece... beautiful.
life is so interesting...
love, janice
Post a Comment