It all started with the realization AGAIN that I am not in optimal health. I was declined from an insurance company for my weight, and took my blood pressure and it was high. The first thing I did was look on the internet for "ways to reduce your blood pressure naturally." So now I am doing yoga.I returned to the "first lady of Yoga," Lilias Folan. I started with her in the 70's after buying her skinny paperback and watching her on TV.
Here's my story and I am sticking to it. I took my blood pressure at Rite Aid and it was 164/93. Freaked me out. Then I went home did 30 minutes of yoga with Lilias, and went immediately to Fred Meyers and did it again. This time 124/83. I felt so mellow and it proved I could lower my blood pressure naturally.
So I force myself down the stairs, drag my mat, and do yoga with the tv. It is difficult, but I do feel like I will get more limber and get the other benefits. I love Lilias as she starts slow but does get into some harder postures. All the while correcting and adjusting along the way. Good for me.
2 comments:
go Toby, I have to do the same thing... and relaxing would be good for me. i just got a dvd ordered at the library.
we are trying and getting somewhere!
me too toby. I have a dvd i got in eugene in fact, hoping it will help with my stiffness and achy neck... we each have our own crosses to bear... a christen concept but you get the idea. hope it is working well for you!
Post a Comment