Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Getting out of Comfort Zone

I have been getting out a little more as well as doing things I don't usually like to do. Went to two potlucks this weekend. Sure I like potlucks, cause there is food, but these were with people I do not know well. I went and even tried to mingle, but mostly I stayed which was the miracle. In the end, I was glad to stretch myself and meet new people, who were interesting. I respect the Flair group and their committment to raising adopted children of color, and advocating for the children against the racism that exists in the world.
At the other party I learned that it is good to keep the food simple and to drink lots of wine. I figure I learn something from getting out of my comfort zone.

Can you find: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, humility, loyalty, and selfcontrol in the wall hanging above.

1 comment:

Janice La Verne said...

you have made me think of what i would do outside my comfort zone...

hmmnn... it's making me think. what a good group...

i like reading your blog a lot Toby, it gives a different dimension that helps me.

good post.

love, jl+

Followers